If you wear contact lenses then hygiene should be your topmost priority. If you don’t keep your lenses clean then it can lead to eye discomfort. In fact, the lack of maintaining hygiene in contact lance can lead to an eye infection. We should prioritize Contact Lenses Cleaning as much as we prioritize our health.
However, the process for contact lenses is not as easy as it looks. If you don’t want to damage your lenses, then you should follow the proper cleaning process. Therefore, let’s discuss the do’s and don’ts of lenses cleaning process.
Do’s And Don’ts Of Lenses Cleaning
- Wash your hands and dry them. Handle lenses with dry and non-oily skin.
- FDA (Food & Drug Administration) advises that you should gently rub the lenses with few drops of solution for proper cleaning. The cleaning process should be finished with fresh cleaning solution.
- Read the instructions that are provided on the lens case so that you can get a proper idea of the cleaning process.
- You should never use antibacterial soap before cleaning the lens.
- Using direct tap water for lens or lens case cleaning is not advised.
- The bottle of cleaning solution should stay away from all kinds of surface for proper hygiene.
Contact Lenses Cleaning Method
- Take a few drops of solution in the palm
- Gently rub your lens on your palm
- Rinse the lens and give them the required time for proper cleaning
- Place them in a lens holder that is suitable for the lens size
- Don’t wear contact lenses at night.
- When you face the sun, it is better to wear UV protective sunglasses.
- If you wear the lenses regularly then make a schedule chart for lens cleaning as per the doctor’s advice.
- It is necessary that you replace your contact lenses at least in 3 months. 30 days is the maximum time you can wear the same lenses with proper hygiene.
Wearing fashion contact lenses can increase the charm or your personality. However, if you wear them regularly, you need to be extra careful.
Proper cleaning of contact lenses is the essential thing to do. If you don’t know the right way of cleaning then it is the same as not cleaning your lenses. Therefore, in order to maintain the best hygiene, you must use a good quality solution along with the right cleaning method.